Monday, February 11, 2008

The BIG 3-0














Well Mark turned the "big 3-0" as we've been saying for the last couple of months leading up to his birthday. On Friday my mom and Robert took everyone out to dinner to the Cheesecake Factory and then we went over to their house to have the very much talked about ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Every birthday Mark has mentioned this cake that he grew up on that actually has no cake in it (he says that the cake is a waste of space... personally, I love the cake part... just give me homemade yellow cake with chocolate frosting and I am happy girl!). Of course, I didn't know this at first so I would buy a cake at "Cold Stone" or at "Baskin Robbins," etc. but we did find out from Mark's dad this year that he purchased this AMAZING cake at Dairy Queen. Surprisingly there is not a Dairy Queen on every corner here in Utah... or at least in the section we live and I did get lost on the way to the one I found somewhat close to our house (sad I know especially with Utah's grid system- but for some reason, I still have a difficult time finding places). But as you can see I did find the Dairy Queen and Mark enjoyed and still enjoys every bite of this enormous cake (there was a smaller one, but why buy a smaller one when the largest is just $2 more?). I have to say the cake is delicious and I usually give into temptation by taking just one small bite of it... okay fine… then 15 minutes later I usually give up trying to be good and cut myself a generous slice and guiltily enjoy every last bite! I am horrible at resisting anything sweet!

On Saturday we did another celebration of Mark's birthday (just the 2 of us) by going to Mark's favorite restaurant- Tucano's which is an all meat restaurant, of course. We definitely enjoyed ourselves and I think we both gained probably 10 pounds in 2 days, but it was all worth it. We have decided that February is a bad month for trying to eat healthy with both our birthdays and Valentines (and of course it is never JUST those days that you eat bad- you have to finish everything off- we can't just leave it there!) But, now Mark is officially- well he has been for about 4 days now- 30 years old! WOW!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe my little boy that was born in a car is 30. Wow time sure flies. Enjoy reading your blogs, it makes me feel like I'm with you more.

Tawna said...

Wow! Mark sure is getting old (Erik is 30 in July), looks like you had fun-Happy Birthday!

The Valley Family said...

Sounds like you hd fun. Donald turns 30 in May! We miss hanging out with you two

Lisa said...

It sounds like you had a Happy Birthday, Mark. Hope you got our singing message :) Just remember to count your blessings... those of us on the older end of the family never got ice cream cakes. I always had a strawberry flavored cake (and still do). I think the ice cream cake thing started after I was in college. Of course you would have been only 8 years old then, so that is probably all you remember. I am glad you guys are keeping your blog updated. It is fun to see what is going on in your life. Love ya!