Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Shauna's Adventure
This morning I was rushing out the door (as usual... I am always leaving at the very last second). I run to my car, careful not to slip on the ice like a couple of days ago (yes, I fell at work a couple of days ago... twice- first, I fell 1/2 way to my car and then I fell again as I was opening the car door... it is definitely in genes... my mom can attest that we are all a bunch of klutzes). I hit the unlock button on my keys.... no sound, I hit it again and thinking that maybe my power key thing has died (what do they call those things anyway?), I look down at the power key thing and I see the red light flashing. Even though I am at this point standing about 1 inch away from my car now I am still pressing it over and over thinking that maybe, just maybe it will eventually unlock and then it occurs to me that I could unlock the car the old fashion way. So, I reluctantly resign, put the key in the lock and turn (it feels so weird... what can I say, it has been awhile since I have had to "manually” unlock my car). I open the door, put all my junk (a.k.a my massive purse, water, my massive "Anna Karenina" book, and lunch) in the passenger seat, sit down and put the key in the ignition... nothing. My car is completely dead, even when I get out of the car and attempt to press the lock button on the side of the door my car refuses to do even that! Ugh, so now I am sitting here writing my blog instead of at work (not that I am complaining about not being at work... it is nice and I would much prefer doing this); however, it is pain to have your car battery die and your schedule thrown off. You never realize how dependent you are on your car until you lose it. At first, I actually thought when I was waiting for the tow truck that I could get some errands done- go to the post office, the grocery store, etc., but then I realize, "Duh, I don't have a car!" So, anyway I thought I would share this VERY exciting adventure that I had this morning on my blog for all to read :). Hopefully the start of your days are going much better! Although, I really can't complain too much since I am sitting in my warm apartment working on my blog that I rarely get a chance to work on :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You poor girl! A car is just one of those things you expect to work, and when it doesn't, it throws your whole life off. I hope you get it back soon. I guess a battery shouldn't take very long to replace? Hope life is good, Lisa
Ha ha aha! Im sorry but all I can picture is you standing there pointing your keys at your car clicking "unlock" "unlock" "unlock"! a ha hah aha sorry...but funny! Thanks shauna! Plus we need to hang out before we take off for Alaska! SO CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If only you'd known before you went to all the trouble of getting ready for work...
Post a Comment