Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Love Hate Relationship...


with being PREGNANT!!





  1. I love that Mark dotes on me and gets upset when I clean the bathrooms

  2. I hate that my back hurts and stomach muscles feel like they are about to burst at any moment.

  3. I love feeling justified eating ice cream.

  4. I hate worrying that somethings wrong every time I don't feel Jackson move after an hour, that there is a weird pain in my stomach, or some weird fluid comes out of me.

  5. I love hearing my husband talk to Jackson about sports, how much he loves him, and what he's going to teach him when he comes out.

  6. I HATE feeling so fat morning, afternoon, & night... no matter if I'm eating ice cream or carrots... laying on the couch or just finished exercising and that nothing fits me anymore.

  7. I love that my skin is glowing with that pregnancy glow of... BREAK OUTS!! (okay, I know this shouldn't be in a "love," but what can I say...)

  8. I hate that I am soooooo emotional and exhausted (I was already emotional enough BEFORE pregnancy let alone with all of these crazy hormones... that according to my husband make me crazy;))

  9. I hate always worrying about what I can/cannot have or do during pregnancy (I know this is supposed to be a love, but I'm doing 2 hates in a row so I can end on a positive note:))

  10. And most of all... I absolutely LOVE, LOVE feeling him move around and that if I ever lean anything on my stomach he tries to kick it off (or at least that's what I imagine he's doing). I love that we can watch my stomach move all around as he moves and that we already feel so attached to this little person we haven't even met yet:).

On Friday at my Dr's appointment I was complaining to the lady who was drawing my blood (trying to keep my mind off the needle that was in my arm so I wouldn't pass out) that pregnancy should only be 5 months instead of 9 months. She responded by saying that it's 9 months so by the time you get to the 9 month mark you are so anxious to get your body back and have the baby you don't care about going through labor anymore. GOOD POINT! I am definitely reaching that point... if I haven't already!!


10 comments:

Kim said...

Oh you are too funny, I really enjoyed this post. I can completely understand all of your feelings my dear. Don't worry, this baby will be here before you know it, and this will all be but a memory. Plus you have the after giving birth likes and dislikes to deal with. For example, my lovely thick pregnancy hair all falls out after about 3 months and gives me bald spots that don't fill in until about the next time I get pregnent so I can just do it all over again:) ha ha, good luck.

Allison Murray said...

you are such a cute little prego lady!!!

Tawna said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl!

The Valley Family said...

Hey my dear! You are so cute. I love your picture. Your hair looks GREAT and your so little. I miss you and hope you are doing well. So glad you updated your BLOG! Love ya

karlie said...

Holy cow you are gorgeous! Is it bad that I am feeling EVERY SINGLE ONE of those things you are feeling, and I'm only in the second trimester???? Oh no...

I sure hope I look as good as you during my third.

Brooke and Aaron said...

Hang in there! I have felt your pain. You will survive. Try to enjoy these last couple of months because Jackson will completely change your life. I find myself missing the pregnancy days...but I love my girls and their big hugs and kisses. They are my life! Your little boy will be here soon! :)

Brooke and Aaron said...

By the way...you ARE glowing and gorgeous!!

Alli said...

I know! I love and hate the whole experience too (more hate than love though, to be honest). It's a crazy ride -Hang in there. It's amazing how slow the 9 months of pregnancy feel, and how fast the first year of your baby's life feels.

McRoberts Family said...

That is my favorite part too!! I love feeling the baby move inside of me.
Enjoy mark doting on you...it fades the more pregnancies you have...believe me!!

Lisa said...

Your picture is so cute! I do not take cute pregnant pictures. I was reliving pregnancy moments reading your blog. I think the Lord gives us post-pregnancy amnesia so that we will have more than one child :)Actually, though, there are days like today when I wish I was back pregnant with my first child again. It was a much more peaceful time! I'm glad everything is going ok