Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Mark!!


Jackson celebrating Mark's b-day at Rodizios









Mark turned 31 on Sunday- woohoo! On Friday we had a mini celebration- just Mark and I (my mom watched Jackson)... we went out to dinner and a movie at the $1 theater (just a side note, don't waste your money on The Day the Earth Stood Still... who would have seen that coming with a title like that and Keanu Reeves as the lead actor?). Then on Saturday we went to Rodizios (an all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse:)- Mark's FAVORITE!!). It is a requirement that when we go there I have to say yes to all meat (especially sirloin)... even when I'm full... so he can eat it all (he even got my mom in on it this time). Then we went over to my mom's for cake- yummy! On Sunday it was more low key- I made his favorite meal of mine chicken tacos (recipe from my old roommate Allison:))... really, how many meals does he have to choose from that I can actually make?? Then he had his slice of cake from Rodizios that we got for free for his birthday. He decided he didn't want me to get him an ice cream cake since he already had cake on Saturday (he is trying to be more healthy and didn't want to end up eating the entire ice cream cake).

5 comments:

Brooke and Aaron said...

Happy Birthday Mark! Sounds like you had a great time. How is Jackson doing these days? I hope you're all staying warm! It's been windy and snowy lately!

McRoberts Family said...

Sorry I missed it!! Happy birthday!! I hope fatherhood is everything you hoped it would be!!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Mark!!! Somehow the phone passing around on Sunday missed me...sorry. We look forward to seeing you guys this weekend. Hey, good for you for going out without the baby already-I think it took me like 8 or 9 months to get brave enough to leave my first baby! :)

karlie said...

How do you look so awesome after just having a baby...i need your secrets...=)

Emily said...

Happy birthday Mark!