Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lately

I've been seriously slacking on keeping up with my blog lately... so here's a little of what we've been up to.

Jackson is growing SO quickly. At 6 months he got his two bottom teeth and more are on the way!





He LOVES pretty much everything we've given him so far... squash, peas, carrots, mixed veggies of ALL kinds, pears, bananas (alone or mixed with any type of fruit), strawberries (we've given him teeny pieces of whatever we are eating and he LOVES it) and yogurt. The only 2 things he DOES NOT like... rice cereal and applesauce (the applesauce surprised me!).


At 7 months he can now sit up on his own (although he's still working on perfecting that skill) and can now crawl... and yes, he gets into EVERYTHING (his favorite... opening and closing the xbox and playing with the buttons on the stereo... lovely.)



We went to the Church History Museum in Salt Lake.




Jackson and I lay down in the teeny, tiny beds the pioneers had to sleep in while on the way over to America (I don't know how they did it without feeling claustrophobic... especially since they were in that space for DAYS.)


Today we went to the zoo... Jackson glanced occasionally at the animals... although he was more interested in all the people around him (especially the little kids) and our hats... which he was very curious about:).


Jackson compared to an infant ape... pretty close (in size of course!)


Jackson was SO well behaved... just smiling and enjoying himself. He handled the hot day REALLY well! Such a cutie!

Enjoying some of Mark's snow cone... he didn't really give any positive or negative expression after Mark gave him some.

Mark and Jackson in with the gophers... we kept trying to get him to look at me... or even the gophers, but he was much too fascinated with the plastic covering!


I still need to post Jacks 6 month stats... but I lost them... so I have to get the stats again from the doctor next time I go. But, I do remember he was 75th percentile for height, 10th percentile for height, and 50th percentile for head circumference.

5 comments:

Alli said...

Don't you love how the oddest things fascinate them. Take them to the zoo to see exotic animals and all he wants to do is play with dad's hat :)

Kim said...

Love the pictures guys, he is getting so big (at least compared to the last time I saw him :) I am so jealous that you have so many fun things to do as a family so close to where you live. All we can come up with is going on bike rides and picnics.

Kim said...

P.S. I love your new header!

karlie said...

yay for teeth...i luv how u describe his cute little personality...

GayLynn said...

Thanks for posting so many cute pics. I love seeing Jackson grow! I think Jonah is close to crawling and we still have a lot of baby proofing to do!