Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pathetic

A few days ago I went to a free cycling class over at our community fitness center. I was pretty pumped because lately I've been fed up with the extra weight I'm still carrying from my pregnancy and I used to do the cycling classes at 24 Hour Fitness in college... and it is a GREAT workout. Well, there I am turning my dial when the instructor says to (which increases the resistance), pushing myself to peddle faster and faster (inside my head I'm thinking wow, I'm already tired... I'm really out of shape... this is a cue that I MUST PEDDLE FASTER and get my pre-pregnancy body back!!). Well about half way through the class I'm starting to feel little lightheaded and nauseated. I keep trying to keep my mind off of how I'm feeling and FOCUS on peddling, just like the instructor is yelling at us to do! I CAN DO THIS! Wait, no... NO I cannot! I end up RUNNING out of the room into the bathroom... and yes, throwing up! I didn't even make it HALF WAY THROUGH THE CLASS! So sad. So pathetic. However, the experience was definitely a motivator to get back into shape... although at a slower, steadier pace!;).




8 comments:

Allison Murray said...

i guess that means i've always been pathetic! :)

Lisa said...

Shauna, you look great! Don't kill yourself the first time out, LOL. I'm sure I couldn't have made it even that far into the class.

Tawna said...

Don't feel bad, you look awesome! I have thrown up after working out before, not fun but I think it just happens. Good luck!

Kim said...

ha ha, that's kind of funny in a sad way. (I hope you don't mind me having a laugh at your expense :) But oh please Shauna, even if you aren't back "in shape", you look amazing, and nobody would say otherwise. I used to go for long long jogs before Hailey, and post Travis...I seriously get winded when I do my "Walk away the pounds" video. Now that is sad.

karlie said...

wish we lived close and could work out together!!! And honestly its not that pathetic considering you still have a rockin bod after havin a kid!!!

Emily said...

It has always impressed me that ANYONE could make it through a cycling class without passing out! I'm with you on the way out of shape thing. We played baseball this week and even running the bases had me panting! I guess our bodies are actually starting to show small signs of our age.

Brooke and Aaron said...

You'll get it. Just don't over-do it. Like you said, slow and steady. I was thinking about you today..I think it's your anniversary, so congrats on making it 4 years. I hope you two can celebrate this week. Jackson is adorable!

Melissa said...

Throwing up? I remember doing that when I was pregnant.... are you sure you just aren't prego again ? :)