Friday, January 15, 2010

Bevans 2010 Motto

A couple of weeks ago I went to the beginning of the year youth fast for our church. After a yummy dinner to kick off the fast they introduced the Youth's theme for 2010, BE STRONG. It is based off the following scripture found in Joshua 1:9

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

They showed a very inspiration DVD for the youth that night... you can see it here... but I thought what a wonderful theme/motto for OUR family as well! So, this scripture now hangs on our fridge as a reminder to be strong this year. Already, during times of frustration or times when I am feeling down I just look over to the fridge and it has given me courage to BE STRONG =).

P.S Don't judge my sloppy looking display of our family motto... it was done after making something for YW's and I was done being "crafty"... when I'm in a crafty mood again and don't have little hands grasping at any project I pull out... I'll make a new one;)!

No comments: