Wednesday, March 17, 2010

blueberry smoothies

Lately, every morning I make Jackson a blueberry smoothie with whole milk... anything to get those extra calories in him:). Well, the last two days somehow his blueberry smoothie ends up all over him instead of IN him. I don't even know how so much gets out of his sippy cup. Yesterday I thought that the top must have not been screwed on tightly enough, but today I inspected the cup and the top was screwed on tightly and it didn't look like it was leaking anywhere... my only theory so far is that he must be sipping the smoothie and then letting it come right back out of his mouth. I don't know, but from now on I'll be closely monitoring him when he's walking around with his smoothie:).

(the blueberries got even more all over his face after I hastily took off his shirt and it transferred from shirt to face and hair)

In other news, Jackson has found a new favorite spot. The first time he discovered it was while I was getting ready in the bathroom. He had a book he was looking at and he must have decided that all those pillows looked like a very comfy place to look at his book. So, this morning after getting off the phone it sounded WAY too quiet in the house... I started searching around the house and calling his name. I couldn't see him anywhere. I wasn't exactly worried since I new all the doors were locked and there's no where he can really go... well, I heard a little peep come from our room (I had already searched there, but somehow missed him). He was in this corner again... reading his book! He's just like his mom... he LOVES a comfy spot and a good book!



The other day we all went on a walk to the park for Jackson to play around... however, I think Mark and I had more fun than he did. It wasn't very warm outside, so there weren't very many people there. So, we were a little less self conscious about playing on the kids equipment and decided to have some fun like in the good ol' days. We had a blast!



(top: this little turny thing was very entertaining, left: Mark went all the way to the top... I started to, but I chickened out... I kept looking down and picturing myself falling (now I want to go back and do it... it's not even that high... it is made for kids after all:P... right: Jackson watching his parents acting like kids:).

Good news, it is now starting to warm up in UT. The last 3 days have been sunny and Jackson and I have been really enjoying the SUN!! Summer is on its way... my FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR! Here comes warm weather, barbeques, playing at the park, the 4th of July (my favorite holiday), pools, tennis, hiking, lounging around outside, everything and anything outside and late summer nights!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck keeping that smoothie in! I have also enjoyed the sunshine.

Melissa said...

ha ha ha... love it! Hey we need to talk!!!!

Brooke and Aaron said...

I love smoothies. Jackson and I would be good friends! I have a birthday present for you. One of these days I'll get it to you!!

GayLynn said...

Smoothies...what a great idea! I know I will have the same problem with Jonah, though. He loves drinking and spitting! I am really excited to come to Utah in a few weeks. I hope the weather continues to be warm!!