We also celebrated their birthdays (Roberts on 7/1 and my mom's on 7/5... I think that having a birthday near the 4th of July would be fabulous!
Wating for the fireworks to begin!
Jacks waiting w/ Grandma and Grandpa
The FAM
For my mom's 50th birthday we went on an air balloon over Park City! Mark was supposed to go, but he ended up watching Jackson since someone would've had to watch him at like 4:30AM and everyone we felt close enough to to bug that early in the morning was either coming with us or working. I felt SO bad that he wasn't going and also panicked on the morning of thinking I was going to die in a hot air balloon and not be able to see Jackson grow up (I'm so not dramatic or anything). I'm probably one of the least risk taking people you'll ever meet so going on a hot air balloon was a big deal... let's just say I was hanging on the handle inside the balloon for dear life feeling nauseated for about half the trip until I thought to myself, I better start enjoying this! Which I did. Eventually. It really was gorgeous, but I was glad when I had my feet back on the ground. I know, I'm a wimp. Just say it.
Us. Really high. We just got higher.
My certificate I can show everyone proving I really did it!
We found this baseball bean bag on clearance for $7 at Target due to the fact it is FILTHY AND claims that you should only spot clean it, but one of these days I am going to unzip it and take all the stuff out, wash it and if it survives I'll put it back together. MARK was super excited at this find.
Sunday afternoon we all went on a walk... anyone who knows me or my family knows I am extremely clumsy. I fell. It happened in slow motion... half way through I thought I grabbed the stroller strongly enough to just stumble, but I was wrong. This scrape is now a scab and it is taking FOREVER to heal, but mostly I was just embarrassed since of course, there were several neighbors outside to witness this fall.
We still went on our walk. We take a lot of walks to parks... which is my favorite thing about living in our area!
RUNNING down the hill with dad...
Playing in the sand with mom... have you tried these spinny things? It's a lot of fun... that and the swings:).
We've also gone to the pool a lot! Jackson is so ready for a nap in this picture. I have yet to take my camera to the pool for fear that it won't come back.
Playing in the sand.
Bee's games. I love this picture because even though I know Jackson is pointing at something, I like to think of him sayin' we're #1! Although, everytime we go to a Bee's game it seems like we lose!
BEST BUDS
Jackson's cousins, aunt, and grandma came to visit on their way to a family reunion/camping! Jackson FOLLOWED Ben everywhere! Ben was such a sweetheart with him... always making sure he had a toy to play with:).
We are looking forward to Mark being DONE with his master's class this summer (almost) so Mark can be stress free again (well, at least for a couple of weeks) and we can enjoy the last month before Mark has to go back to school (both for teaching and as a student). We have a trip to CA to see family and Disneyland planned... we are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! It's been way to long! Hopefully, I'll be better at posting so I don't have to recap 1 month in 1 post:). |
4 comments:
You have had one seriously fun July! I love that first picture of you and Jackson. You both look so super happy.
Looks like a fun month. It was fun to see you guys. You do know that Jackson is going to think you are seriously cool someday because you rode in a hot air balloon, right?! Just forget to tell him about being a wimp :)
sounds like you guys are getting out and really enjoying your summer! Very cute pictures or you all, and yes you are very brave for going on a hot air balloon.
I'm thrilled to hear that there is someone in this family as wimpy as me...I'm not sure I could have done it...in fact I know I couldn't have!
Thanks Shauna. My friend Holly took them up in Ogden on 25th street. It was fun and she did a great job.
Post a Comment