California Here We Come!
Back in August we went to California to visit family and to go on a mini vacation (a very much needed one! The trip was AWESOME, but the road trip out there was pretty much he**. Jackson did not sleep the ENTIRE 12 hour drive out there and the last 2 hours (out of sheer exhaustion and frustration at being in his car seat he was crying/screaming (which I'm pretty sure almost caused a nervous breakdown in all of us, but especially my mom who is no longer used to screaming/crying kids... especially for 2 LONG hours, but really who is?).
DISNEYLAND
I'm pretty sure I love Disneyland still as much as I did when I was a kid. The happiest place on earth? Absolutely! We were a little worried that Jackson would be too young to really enjoy Disneyland, but we had nothing to worry about... he loved EVERYTHING and never showed any signs of being nervous/scared on any of the rides. I think he was pointing at everything and smiling the entire time we were there!
 |
| Jackson's cousins, Grandma Bevans, and Aunt Lisa were also at Disneyland! Love this picture! |
 |
| Jackson's face after we were leaving Autotopia. Definitely his favorite ride. |
 |
| So true:) |
 |
| Our favorite picture of the entire trip (thanks to Mark's excellent picture taking skills) |
 |
| Jackson loves his cousins, especially Ben |
LAGUNA BEACH
Jackson LOVES the beach just like his mom! It was a little cold that day at the beach (CA had a weird summer this year). But, we still had a lot of fun. Sand, water, and waves= one happy little boy!
 |
| We learned from the trip out to CA and decided not to drive all the way through on the way back home. Jackson was SO happy to be out of the car! He was jumping up and down on the bed. |
 |
| Lots of yummy fruit salad this summer! |
 |
| Always trying to be like Dad:) |
 |
| First drink of champagne! Nah, don't worry... it's sparkling apple cider! |
 |
| The family at my uncle's wedding in Park City |
HOGLE ZOO
Had to make one more trip to the zoo before it turns cold outside!
 |
| Jackson loved the elephants... I think they were his favorite animal he saw that day. Do you see the baby elephant with it's momma? So cute! |
 |
| MMMM ice cream.... despite being a very picky eater, this kid will eat ANYTHING sweet. |
 |
| Jackson randomly and completely on his own decided to climb on this bench and take a break (we were in the middle of walking up a big hill). It was pretty funny. |
 |
| And Jackson's favorite part of the zoo... the playground of course (although he also loved the little train as well). You can see how thrilled he is that I am interrupting his play time to take a picture. |
 |
| And of course, we spent a lot of time playing outside with bats, balls, and golf clubs in the park:). |
5 comments:
That sounds like such a fun trip (well, except for the drive there, I guess). I think of you every time I drink hot chocolate out of the super cute Disneyland mug you brought me from your trip when we worked together. I love that mug :)
yay! you finally posted!!! fun summer!
you look radiant as usual, and I cant believe your little man! Looks like a super fun trip, you are brave to drive. Z would have flipped after 20 min! =) Glad you guys got a vacation!
You guys are so cute!
I am so jealous of your Disney/California vacation, but I am going in a few weeks, hooray! Those Disney pictures of Jackson with his cousins are priceless, I love them!
Post a Comment