Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jackson at almost 27 months

(Jackson at 25 1/2 months)

(Jackson at almost 27 months)
I've said it before and I know I'll say it again, but this is definitely my favorite stage so far (I think every stage just keeps getting better). Despite the tantrums Jackson can sometimes throw and he can definitely sometimes drive me bonkers, he truly is such an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G little boy. Most of the time he is SO good, sweet and loving. He's always giving us lots of hugs and you can usually find him smiling and laughing (especially if he's playing with a ball... which he usually IS).

Bedtime Routine:
  1. Bath with Mom or Dad (we switch off every other night...sometimes we give you yogurt or whatever you didn't finish at dinner while your in there... it's just a lot easier when you are contained in one place!)
  2. Lotion + PJ's
  3. Playtime or lately, Barney and before bedtime snack (usually yogurt, if we didn't already give it to you during your bath)
  4. Brush teeth
  5. We all read a book together (usually one we got from the library that week)
  6. Prayers (2 prayers at your request... although it would be 50 million if you had it your way... anything to delay bedtime!). You sometimes repeat the last word or so of what we are saying in a sentence and always say "AMEN!" followed quickly by "Pray again?"
  7. "Climb" into your crib
  8. Daddy sings you a song (lately either "I am a Child of God" or "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" and says good night. Mommy sings two songs (reminding you after the first one that there will be no more songs after this) (songs... "Go to Sleep," "I am a Child of God," "Edelweiss," "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"). You also like to sing along with us. It's pretty much adorable :-). A lot of times you say, "Play tomorrow. Sleep first!" as I'm leaving the room.
Morning Routine:
  1. Lately after waking up you always insist on taking out Elmo, BYU Bear, Raiders bear and all your books.
  2. After changing your diaper, we have breakfast... you usually have dry cereal, an oatmeal bar, toast or a bagel with milk or apple juice.
Lunch:
  • You usually have an almond butter and honey or jamm sandwich. Other things you also have for lunch: chicken nuggets, mac + cheese, waffle, toast with cheese
  • Snacks: graham crackers, apples, oranges, grapes (really, ANY fruit), string cheese, goldfish, any crackers.
  • Drinks: apple juice, milk, strawberry or chocolate milk, instant breakfast, or water
Favorite things to watch: Barney (by far... you specifically ask for the "basketball one" or the "dog one"... the dog one is about a dog that is taking... wait for it... balls, of course), Sesame Street, Baby Einstein DVD, Toy Story 3, Ratatouille. You rotate on what your "favorite" is at the moment.

  • Right now you repeat EVERYTHING we say.
  • You are talking up a storm right now and love to say in what we call a "listing-off" voice the things you did that day.
  • You love seing Grandma and Grandpa.
  • You call Grandma "Da" for some reason... you call Grandpa, "Gampa". Although just this weekend you had a mini breakthrough and say "Damma".
  • Your pronunciation of candy has gone from "Kia," to "KEE-I-E"
  • You have absolutely NO problem repeating things 50,000,001 times to get your point across. Especially if we don't respond right away.
  • Your favorite toy is DEFINITELY any ball. You especially loooooooooove to shoot the ball in the basketball hoop.

1 comment:

Kim said...

He is getting way too big! It's fun to see so many pictures of Jackson, and all the things he is doing now. I think he wasn't even walking when I saw him last :(