Saturday, June 11, 2011

hogle zoo + other stuff

We took the kids to the zoo last Saturday. It was extremely crowded since it was on the first real warm Saturday of the year. It was also Jurassic themed at the park, which meant there was realistic looking dinosaurs throughout the park (that moved and made sounds as well). We encountered one right when we got in and thought Jackson would love it... we were completely wrong. He hid behind us and was freaked out by the growling dinosaur (definitely not Barney). It was a bummer because he transferred his fear to all the other animals as well. We couldn't even get him to look at the elephants, he just covered his eyes! He very slowly warmed up, but it didn't really happen to the end of the day. Olivia did pretty well at the beginning, but by the end she had enough and was ready to go back to our normal routines. 



Olivia's first picture by the sizing chart

Jackson's 3rd picture (we've taken one every year since he was a baby... he's only smiling in the first one ;P)

One of my favorite pictures of Jackson EVER.

All ready for church!

One of the first things I bought when I found out we were having a girl... first time it was warm enough to wear it and she's already close to growing out of it!

This picture depicts their personalities well.... Olivia: calm & peaceful, Jackson: full of energy & silly

Notice Olivia's face... she gives this look of concern every time Jackson gets hyper (for good reason... but his jealousy issues are getting a lot better)


Jackson decided to join in on my exercise video. He's doing the previous exercise... squats with the ball in between your legs).


3 comments:

Emily said...

Every time I open your blog I love your banner photo. So cute! I'm glad you sort of got to enjoy the zoo.

karlie said...

um, yeah didn't you just have a baby? You look awesome. And I think that is the best pic of Jackson! What a sweetie. Hope you are enjoying the two kid life!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Olivia is a little doll! Beautiful like her mommy. I hope Jackson can get used to having her around. Your stories about the two of them were funny. Aren't children fun?!