Monday, April 9, 2012

{Easter, Spring, & Pirates}

Easter was great... we dyed eggs, made sugar cookies, hid and hunted for Easter eggs, and had a family dinner that included yummy food.

Miss Olivia watching us dye eggs.

Jackson LOVED dying Easter Eggs. We couldn't keep up with him dropping all the eggs in the dye... and then literally grabbing them out with his bare hands when he though they were done.



Mark was so surprised when he saw the Easter bunny had come!!


Finding the Easter eggs like a pro.

Enjoying the sunny weather!

Captian Jack



Jackson loooooved decorating cookies. I think this may have been his favorite Easter activity. It may have been the most focused I have ever seen him.

I have a little boy named Jackson, he is a pirate. Just ask him. It's the first thing he does when he wakes up and the last thing he does when he goes to sleep. He has the biggest imagination I have e.v.e.r. seen. He can turn anything into a ship with a sail, an eye patch (just see below), and even (on his complete own) at certain times calls his own dad Captain instead of the usual, daddy. It should also be said that his dad has the best pirate voice ever. So good, I told him he should get a job at Disneyland as Captain Jack... well, that is if Jackson will relinquish the title:).

Yes, that is Olivia's headband that he's using as his eye patch.
Also, yes... he did come up with it completely on his own.

The Easter bunny must have known that Jackson's dad was tired of seeing him running
 around in his sister's headband.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hee-hee! I'm glad the Easter bunny solved the eye patch problem :)

Your little bunny princess is adorable.

Kim said...

The headband for an eye patch is hillarious, lol. I love that he slees with his eye patch on too. We had a similar phase with a cowboy hat, I think it even made it in the bathtub one time :) Anyway, the pirate phase is priceless, so enjoy!

And your baby girl is getting so big! I can't believe she was upnad around in that pic, she is so cute.