I have been wanting to go hiking for sometime now; however, Mark has come up with an excuse every Saturday that I mention going hiking. So, last Saturday we made a for sure plan that we would go hiking this weekend (and that he would... (gasp)... miss basketball). Of course when Saturday came around he tried to convince me that he should still go play basketball (which is smack in the afternoon) and then we could go hiking. After some pouting and some bitterness on his part we finally got out the door with a lunch (that he did a wonderful job making:)) and our water bottles. Once we got there, ate lunch, and started hiking he ended up loving it and we both had a great time hiking Mt. Timp! The total hike was only about 3 miles, but the way there is actually pretty steep so by the end I was definitely feeling it. It was a great workout! Here are some more pictures of our day:).
We ate lunch at this cute picnic table by the river. It was such a beautiful day!
We each took turns at the distance markers.
The view from up there was gorgeous! It was such a clear day you could see everything!
Yeah! We made it! Can you tell how sweaty we are?
5 comments:
I haven't taken that hike since college. I remember the way up being hard! I would love to take my kids there. I bet they would love it. Kudos to you for making the hike pregnant!
you guys are soooo freakin cute! You guys needs to come up here! Seriously! Come hiking up here! I tell yea.... teacher get paid a nicely!!!!!
Timp is a great hike. Glad you convinced Mark to go!
Looks like fun!
I NEED MORE POSTS! I NEED MORE UPDATES! :)
Post a Comment