Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween 2008






Sorry for the lack of posts lately... I have no good excuse... I've just been lazy;). I am ashamed to say that we didn't take any pictures on Halloween like I had originally planned!:( This picture is from the Halloween when we were first married since posts are a lot better when they have pictures... I need to get better at taking more pictures!) This Halloween we had fun hanging out with by brother Mitchell and my sister-in-law Kristen! We made our "traditional Halloween dinner" that my mom has made since I was 2 years old (a random recipe she found in a magazine that started a tradition that I insist I have to have every Halloween... even my lovely college roommates have had it!:)). It's very simple (thank heavens since my cooking skills are well... limited). Its bbq ground beef (minus the bbq for Mark's portion-- what's that? yes, my husband does NOT like bbq sauce!!!) and cheese in between two bisquits and then my mom would carve out Jack-O-Lantern faces and ghosts on the top bisquit- although I probably wont do that until there is a little one to actually appreciate the effort! Mitchell and Kristen brought a salad and yummy chocolate cupcakes... and of course we brought candy too (so yes, we were all fully loaded with sugar... and fat). We then watched a scary movie that Mark and Mitchell went out on got since apparently no channels wanted to show a scary movie... on Halloween... just the week before Halloween (unless you count the Da Vinci Code as scary??). I was the one who suggested "What Lies Beneath"... which was a lot slower than I remember it being. Nasim, do you remember when we went to see that movie in High School and we both screamed at the part where the radio randomly comes on... and no one else in the theater did... and so of course we burst out laughing? (do not ask me why this is such a vivid memory... although I'm sure that the people around us were annoyed, like I am now by the teenage girls who giggle, talk, and laugh throughout the whole movie:)). Anyway, we had a fun night with actually no trick-or-treaters since we were in my mom and Robert's condo where there is a code to get into the building (now that I'm actually writing the word "trick-or-treaters" out... it is a very weird word... just a random thought:)). Anyway, it was a fun Halloween! Hope everyone else had a wonderful Halloween as well!!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I thought I'd seen those pictures before. Your traditional Halloween dinner sounds fun to eat! It is kind of amazing that Mark hates bbq sauce, especially since our dad is such a fan of it, but I'm with him....yuck!!!! Give me plain old hamburger anytime. Alan has even given up his family's traditional taco seasoned meat for plain because the kids and I just like plain hamburger. Maybe your baby will take after you and like bbq, and then Mark will be out numbered. :)

Kim said...

I was a little confused at first, because there is clearly no pregnent belly in that photo :) I love the traditional halloween meal though, I should start one with my family. Your little guy will be a little young to appreciate it next year, but the year after you will definately have to add the jack-o-lantern face and ghosts. such a cute idea!

Brooke and Aaron said...

I love this post because you type exactly the way you talk (that's a compliment). I could "hear" you talking to me when I read this post. You're so funny! Glad you had a fun halloween with your family. The holidays get a whole new meaning when you have children. You'll see!! You are going to be WONDERFUL parents. I can't wait to see you.

karlie said...

I just looked at your baby counter and HOLY COW SHAUNA, you are 34 weeks! Almost there! Hang in there....love ya!