Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ZOMBIES













It is official- Mark and I-- and me in particular- are no longer human, we are zombies. Our little guy keeps me up all night long (and I'm sure Mark wakes up at his cries throughout the night), athough I have to say that he is starting to get better. Last night he slept an amazing 5 hours straight- I've never been so happy when he woke me up and I looked at the clock to see 5:30am- WAHOO!! It has been a whirlwind of craziness- and let me just say that I now have new found appreciation for all mothers out there- especially our mom's and what they went through to raise us (I cannot believe Mark's mom raised 9 kids- I just cannot imagine having enough energy to get through the day- AMAZING!!).
Our friends Tawna and Erik always post monthly updates for their kids and how they are doing, milestones, what they like, etc.- I think it is a wonderful idea- so I'm going to copy it (thanks guys:)). I know that I'm over a week late on his 2 week check up, but I'm going to post it anyway, so here it goes...

Jackson at 2 WEEKS

6 pounds 15 ounces (he was 6 pounds 6 ounces at birth)
21 inches long

Since coming into this world we have found out that Jackson always wants to be held. We can put him down for a few moments and inevitably his face will start to scrunch up and his fussy cries will turn to wails if he is not picked up right away. He HATES having his diaper or clothes changed- although he does love having a warm bath! However, I have to say that he is starting to get better at both and doesn't always cry throughoout the entire process. He seems to love music- a couple of times while he's been fussy I've started to play some songs and he has immediately calmed down. His favorite position in our arms is laying over our shoulder- so he can either attempt to lift his head and look around (which he ALWAYS tries to do) or my favorite, when he snuggles his head against my face and falls asleep:)). While awake he loves looking around and now is starting to make eye contact with us. Although right now he is pretty much expressionless he does do this one particular expression that is a mixture between a scowl and a look of confusion, as if to say "what the heck is going on??". One day he surprised Mark and I by suddenly shouting out what sounded like,"Wahooo". We have practically mentioned every day since, although he has yet to make any other baby cooing since then- it was a monumentous moment for us though:). He is CONSTANTLY moving- even while sleeping (hence why I ALWAYS felt him moving around in the womb)- he particularly loves moving his arms and his hands are usually always by his face. Another thing he greatly dislikes is when I use the "nose sucker thingy" (as I call it), but who can blame him!? We absolutely love him to pieces and are enjoying watching him grow and develop- it's amazing how much he's grown already. A couple of days ago Mark weighed him and he was 8 pounds! Yay!!

7 comments:

The Valley Family said...

I LOVE the new background. I can't believe he weights 8lbs. Marissa weighs 16. She gained 10 lbs in a year. I can't believe it. He is so cute. I need to come up and visit. We are going to Idaho this weekend to see my grandparents. I miss you and am glad he is starting to sleep through the night. Love and miss you lots. Give baby lots of kisses and hugs from us.

Allison Murray said...

yay for baby updates! i can't wait until he can smile!

karlie said...

wow, how awesome to read about your sweet little one. I love the pics. hey when I have my little one we can call and talk to each other in the middle of the night! haha...luv ya...

Tawna said...

I can't believe how small he is! My kids were never that little, not even in the womb, I'm sure! I remember Maddox falling asleep with his face next to mine or right on my chest and waking up looking around to find me. Precious memories.
We can't wait to get together to see him, Erik said you look great (thats not weird, I asked) I am so jealous, it took me forever to get back into normal clothes! You guys make cute babies, don't wait to long before starting on number 2.

Brooke and Aaron said...

Babies sure teach us a whole new kind of love. I know what you mean about the zombie feeling. I'm dreading that with this next baby. I'm dying to see you three but we want to give you your space and let you relax. I'll try calling you next week if that's okay. Keep the updates coming. We love them!

Emily said...

I'm feeling tired for you just thinking about going so long with so little sleep. I guess there's a reason they say to nap any time you can get your baby to nap, night or day!

Good luck, he sounds like such a cute baby@

Kim said...

He is a cutie guys..can't wait to meet baby Jackson when you come for his blessing! I can't beleive how tiny he is...my little guy is only 6 months old, but it is already hard to imagine that he was ever that small. I know it sounds crazy but enjoy the sleepless nights while you can..they go by way to fast.