I know it's been awhile since I have posted, BUT the major events that have happened over the last couple of days may have me posting more often!! Anyone who has been over at nighttime knows that I always go into our room lay down next to Jackson and nurse him to sleep... then hold my breath as I pick him up and put him in the bassinet by our bed. Well 2 nights ago I was doing this and it had been 30 minutes; however, Jackson wasn't even close to falling asleep and kept looking up at me and talking away. Out of frustration, I decided to forget about it and try again later. Now, normally I would unswaddle him and take him back out to the family room with me. However, this time I had some chores I wanted to do, SO I put a pacifier in his mouth, placed him in his bassinet and fully expected to be back in 5 minutes when he started crying. However, as I was doing the dishes, waiting for the cry... 5 minutes went by, 10 minutes, and finally 30 minutes! I ALMOST went in to check to make sure he was still alive at 10 minutes (since this has NEVER happened- but I resisted the urge and lo and behold he FELL ASLEEP ON HIS OWN!!). In our house this qualifies as a miracle!! The next day I tried to do it at nap time (nap times have basically been non existent- just cat naps in MY arms (every time I would go to put him down, he would wake up crying in 5 minutes), but it didn't work. Well today instead of just laying him down- I swaddled him like we do at nighttime, turned on our air purifier, put his pacifier in, held and rocked him for a couple of minutes, put him down fully awake and he again fell asleep on his own! He took 2 naps today- one in the morning for an hour and a half and a second one in the afternoon for 3 hours!! I do give some credit to the book "The Baby Whisperer," which I loved the best out of all the books I read (we didn't want to lay him down and let him cry it out... and this is kind of the middle of the road type of book). Anyway, we are very, very excited to say the least and if you have read this far into my babbling excitement on Jackson's sleep habits I'm impressed;). I plan on doing a catch up blog later, but I was so thrilled at Jackson falling asleep I had to do a post now:)!!
5 comments:
Way to go Jackson!
Congratulations! Now you can get caught up on your sleep too.
wow that is great, im for sure a zombie right now waking up every two hours to feed zanin...i have not heard of the baby whisperer, is it a must read?
That is a huge step! Congrats! That should make your life a little easier now. Good job!
Those pictures are so cute...He is getting so big you guys!
Post a Comment