Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Hobby

I've been wanting to plant some flowers for YEARS now, but never got around to doing it for one reason or another. SO this year I finally got myself down to Walmart and Lowes to get some flowers, house plants, and pots (and spent a little more money then I was initially planning too... isn't that how it ALWAYS goes??!!!). I had SO much fun planting my flowers and have had even more fun watching the little buds bloom and keeping care of them. I'm crossing my fingers that they will keep thriving. I'm a little bit worried about the rose plant... they're called Palace Roses and are supposed to be able to be kept indoors as well as outdoors (so far I've had it BOTH in and outdoors). My goal is to keep it thriving ALL year long, but we'll see how that goes. After I bought it I read online that they are a finicky plant... and since this is my first time trying to keep ANY plant alive on my own, I'm constantly looking for any sign that my little rose plant is headed down hill- so far, so good though. I would take ANY advice from you experts out there (and that's pretty much everyone compared to my green thumb skills;).













4 comments:

Tawna said...

That looks really pretty, I might have to follow you and get myself some indoor plants, all mine are fake.

Allison Murray said...

wow, i'm totally impressed! i was thinking about doing a small garden this summer but decided that it was too much of a commitment for me! hAHHA

Brooke and Aaron said...

You're amazing! I don't think I have the patience to take care of plants so I still have all fake ones. Maybe someday I'll get courageous and buy some fresh ones..yours all look great at your house..especially the one on the dining table! What a difference a real plant/flowers makes in a room!

Emily said...

Snap dragons are my favorite! I love to make them talk :)