Thursday, June 25, 2009

California Vacation

I was talking to my friend and she asked me what we did on our vacation to California- I said, "We went to a wedding, to the beach, and... we ate out!" We were laughing and saying how we should start taking pics of the food places we go to when we go on vacation. Especially when we go to So Cal I always have a list of places I want to go to (since it's where I'm from). Anyway, we didn't take any pictures of the food places (I know you really wanted to see some), but below are some pics of Jackson's first time at the beach. We even put Jackson's feet in the freezing cold water (don't you judge me!) and surprisingly he didn't even grimace he just kept STARING in complete awe at the crashing waves. He also REALLY loved the sand, he would grab handfuls of it, stare at it (he does that a lot- especially to things and people he hasn't seen before), then dump it and grab some more (he really enjoyed doing this when we built a mini sandcastle- in particular- destroying the sandcastle... (somewhere in the distance I hear the cries of his future little sister...). Anyway, we really LOVED our time on the beach and we wish we could have stayed longer, but everything you do is shortened when you have a baby:).


Jackson staring at the waves


Destroying the sandcastle (just a sidenote- we didn't "handmake" this sandcastle it was done from a bucket shaped like one... just in case you thought we were THAT artistically amazing!)


Getting ready to destroy the sandcastle:)


Jacks and me


Mark and Jacks


Mark and me

No comments: