Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nasim & Amir's Wedding

My good high school friend, Nasim got married on June 19th, 2009:)... I just couldn't face missing it so Mark and I went out to California for it and decided to make it our "summer vacation". Nasim looked absolutely gorgeous, the wedding was exquisite and the weather was what wonderful so cal weather should be. I so enjoyed seeing my wonderful high school friends again and we spent the wedding doing a lot of LAUGHING and gabbing... which felt absolutely wonderful. Mark and I really enjoyed having an evening OUT pretending that we had no responsibilities and even though we were reminded of them before the evening was over (unfortunately we had to leave a little early because little Jackson was inconsolably crying for my poor grandparents who were kind enough to watch him for the evening (AND even bring him up to the wedding half way through so I could quickly nurse him)), it was just a magical, wonderful, laughter-filled night! Afterwards, Mark and I realized how much we NEEDED it and realized we need to set up more evenings OUT together. Anyway, here are some pictures of the wedding. It was held at Ranch Las Lomas which is a private exotic "zoo" (the people still live somewhere on the property-- it is insane that someone actually LIVES there since it is so huge).

Nasim and Amir


Nasim looking like the perfect bride






White Tiger (they had 3 tigers... I have to admit I felt sort of bad for them... is it just me or does anyone else feel bad for the animals at zoos?!)


Kit and Ginger posing

Mark and I having fun!
Ginger and Michael


Kit and Abhi


Me, Nasim, Ginger, and Kit (I hate that I have my purse in this picture ;)


Mark and I having fun!


Ginger, Kit, and me

1 comment:

Emily said...

How wonderful that you were able to take the trip. Weddings are such special occasions. You and your friends look super cute! I love the picture of Jackson in his hat at the beach (in the other post).