Below: Our pumpkins this year... I attempted to do a polk-a-dot pumpkin that I saw on another blog. Mark did a traditional pumpkin... and of course, represented the Cougars on the side! Go BYU!! Jackson's pumpkin said "BOO!" in black marker... he did it all by himself ;)
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Halloween 2009
For Jackson's first Halloween he was a skeleton (courtesy of Grandma Bevans... thank you!!). I put his costume on when he woke up... we wanted to get as much out of the costume as we possibly could! Because he is such a skinny guy, it was the perfect costume for him. He looked sooooo tiny and cute! Later that morning we went to Sugarhouse to help my brother move some of his and Kristen's stuff into storage... well, Mark helped and I went to my mom's house =). While Mark and Robert were helping Mitchell with the heavy lifting we went to Einstein bagels and got yummy breakfast bagels and also some free pumpkin bagels with pumpkin cream cheese that they were handing out in celebration of Halloween... Jackson LOVED this bagel. He was SO hyper the whole time bouncing up in down in his high chair. It was hilarious! After that we went to Smith's and got some ingredients to make white chocolate popcorn with m&m's to hand out to our neighbors (thanks again Jeniece for the recipe... we love using it around the holidays!=)). While we were at Smith's little kids and elderly women would stop to look at Jackson in his cute costume. The kids were very vocal and excited about it... "Mom, he's a skeleton! Look!!" So cute. Later, after making tons of white chocolate popcorn I decided I was tired of cooking and being in the kitchen, so instead of our traditional Halloween dinner, we had pizza... which was wonderful! (I still made our traditional Halloween dinner on Sunday for lunch... I can't go a year without it!) We then put Jackson to bed... although, Mark was very tempted to take him out trick-or-treating... mostly for his own benefit of getting candy;). Next year for sure. Mark and I then watched a marathon of the new TV series "Flashforward". We had a bunch of episodes saved on our DVR... so we ate pizza, white chocolate popcorn, and cuddled... and were only interrupted 2x for trick-or-treaters... yep, twice and one of the times it was our neighbor next door! I guess condominiums aren't the best place to go trick-or-treating! This of course meant we ate most of the candy... and the rest went to Mark’s classroom! It was a fun Halloween!



Below: Our pumpkins this year... I attempted to do a polk-a-dot pumpkin that I saw on another blog. Mark did a traditional pumpkin... and of course, represented the Cougars on the side! Go BYU!! Jackson's pumpkin said "BOO!" in black marker... he did it all by himself ;)
Below: Our pumpkins this year... I attempted to do a polk-a-dot pumpkin that I saw on another blog. Mark did a traditional pumpkin... and of course, represented the Cougars on the side! Go BYU!! Jackson's pumpkin said "BOO!" in black marker... he did it all by himself ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a little cutie! And excellent choice on the bagels, Einstein brothers is wonderful!
So what is your traditional Halloween meal? My kids all have those skeleton pajamas. Their favorite thing to do is turn out all the lights and dance around in them (they glow in the dark as I am sure you know). It is pretty funny when Benjamin comes and gets in our bed and I look down and see this skeleton glowing in my bed :)
I seriously am diggin your pumpkin...good job woman. And good choice of costume for your little man!
Your pumpkins turned out great. I love Jackson's costume. Adorable!
I love the polk a dot pumpkin, and the others were nice too. And I love those skeleton pajamas, they are my favorite thing ever, so cute!
Post a Comment