Before I get into Thanksgiving this year, Jackson officially took his first steps Wednesday evening, December 2, 2009! Before last night he occasionally would take one timid step and then sit down. Last night we kept trying to get Jackson to walk to us in the kitchen- however, he is stubborn just like his mom and dad and wasn't going for it. So, Mark and I were just chatting in the office while Jackson was pulling out all our books in the bookshelf (anything to keep the kid busy is fine with me) when suddenly he decided to walk to Mark who was lying on the ground. Mark wasn't even looking at him or anything... he just started walking across the room, one foot in front of another. Mark and I just stared, jaws open in amazement at this huge milestone and then burst into laughing and cheering (which I think startled Jackson a little bit since he put his head down on Mark’s chest and gave me a weird look). Anyway, it was a very exciting moment and I am SO happy it happened when both of us were there to enjoy it! Next time we need to have the video camera ready!
Thanksgiving 2009
We went to my Aunt Carol and Uncle Bill's ranch this year for Thanksgiving (which we've done in the past as well). It is SO much fun... ATV's, basketball, football... and for the girls a lot of gabbing... my favorite! Mark is pretty much out the entire day playing sports... his dream. The boys come inside only when it's time to feast on Thanksgiving dinner... and they are drenched in SWEAT. Here's some pics of the activities! Oh and by the way, the weather was in the 70s and 80s the entire time we were there... oh, how I wish I could move back to California!
Festive Thanksgiving table... my Aunt Carol is pretty much Martha Stewart.
Above:Men playing football!
Below: Jackson watching and wanting to join in the fun. Just give him a couple of years and he'll be out there for sure




4 comments:
80 degree weather...I hate you guys! That sounds wonderful right now. Congratulations on the first steps, exciting.
I can't wait to see Jackson (and you guys of course). I wonder who will destroy Grandma's tree first - Jackson or Leah?
It's amazing how they seem to always do something when you're not expecting it! Congrats though, that's really exciting! Have fun baby-proofing everything everything within walking distance!
Yeah for first steps. That seems like a really fun, major milestone!
Post a Comment