Friday, January 15, 2010

All By Myself

We got this organizer from IKEA last week. Since I knew Mark had a ton of grading and planning to do for his classes and wouldn't be able to put it together for awhile... I did it myself! It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be... just VERY time consuming. It felt AWESOME to have all of Jackson's toys (he got like 1,201,000 toys from his grandparents this Christmas) ORGANIZED.
In other "do it yourself" news... we fixed our toilet by ourselves. This is a BIG deal... we are in no way "do it yourself" people. We had called a plumber out who said it was going to cost $165 to FIX our leaking toilet. NO WAY! RIDICULOUS! So, I went to Lowes on Saturday with some pics of our toilet to get some parts to show my old roommate Allison's dad (who, being the incredibly nice and generous guy that he is, was going to come all the way out from Provo to see if he could fix our toilet). While I was pointing to the picture on my camera to a very helpful Lowe's worker at what I thought the plumber said was the problem... he stated that it was a simple job and explained how to fix it. The part cost $3.50! I went home, explained how to fix the toilet to Mark, and then went into the bathroom and we started fixing it ourselves. At this point I started having visions of a "Home Improvement" moment (remember that show... Tim the Tool Man Taylor?) and our toilet leaking mass quantities of water. I thought hmm... maybe we should wait for Allison's expert dad to come instead. But, Mark instead took matters into his own hands and 15 minutes later... PROBLEM FIXED! AMAZING! Savings... $161.50... even MORE AMAZING!

1 comment:

Brooke and Aaron said...

Wow! You go girl! Love that take-charge attitude! Hey - are you still around? I'd love to see you..maybe Saturday??? Email me!!