Wednesday, April 21, 2010

accident prone

Being accident prone definitely runs in my family. If my mom, grandma, and I were walking side by side, our chances of tripping, running into something (yesterday while taking a walk with Jackson in the stroller in the Target parking lot*, I actually ran into a pole... ), or bumping into each other are great... and if we were all talking with each other... it would pretty much be a guarantee. So, it's no surprise that this clumsiness transfers into the kitchen as well. Today I was baking banana bread and I burned myself on the oven door. I'm sure it's happened to many people, but above the fresh, bright red mark is another scar from when I burned my arm on the oven while making meatballs. You'd think I'd learn! By the time I'm 80 I'm sure my arm will be full of cooking scars.


* Just to clarify, I wasn't actually taking a walk with Jackson IN the Target parking lot, but had walked to Target from my house... so we were in the process of taking a walk and happened to be in the Target parking lot. Anyway. I'm sure you needed this extra clarification... but... just so you know that I don't just drive to Target parking lots and take walks... as lovely of a walk as that would be.:)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ouch! I've got one or two of those scars myself.