Monday, June 14, 2010

Update

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted.  Mark is out of school now, but he's tutoring 2 students over the summer and today he started his master's class (hence, why I'm finding time to post!). He'll definitely be keeping busy this summer and we cannot WAIT until his master's is done (which probably won't happen until next fall). Lately we've been enjoying the summer weather (except for this weekend when it turned rainy and cold, what the heck was that all about?!) We've been hanging out at the pool and that's been AMAZING. There's nothing that says summer like hot weather and laying out at the pool! Neither of us put on sunscreen though and got fried (we were smart enough to put it on Jacks though:)). Mark has a really bad reaction to getting sunburned and was miserable (now I understand why he's so paranoid about putting sunscreen on whenever he's going to be outside for more than 20 mintues). I got pretty burned too, but it didn't bother me as much as it did Mark... but we'll definitely be at the pool whenever we get a chance!

Also, Mark and I just finished Hunger Games and the sequel Catching Fire. If you haven't read these books, you MUST. I couldn't put it down and even convinced Mark to read them and he loved it! I realize that it's a youth book (which hasn't ever stopped me before... Twilight), but it's a great story line and you really fall in love with the characters in the books. Plus it's a great, easy read for summer! The third and final book comes out in August and we can't wait:).

Anyway, here are some pictures of some of the things we've been up to lately!



went to mars (and the moon) at the discovery center at gateway
I took some pictures of Jackson in the tub to put in this frame I got from Ikea and hang in his bathroom... I thought it came out super cute:)

Bee's baseball game over Memorial day weekend! Lookin' waaaay cute in Dad's A's hat!


sharing ice cream... one for you...
one for me:).

Watching the fireworks after the game (Jackson LOVED them). It really was a magical moment. I admit, I actually teared up during the fireworks because of the patriotic songs they were playing and my lovely family I was cuddled up next to (what can I say... I'm an emotional person... just ask Mark:)). I can definitely say I'm proud to be an American and am so blessed that I live in this amazing country. This is why Independence day is my favorite holiday... family, friends, and pride for your country (plus always good food, right!). What's not to love? (I realize that it wasn't the 4th, but it felt like it!)

My mom and Robert (who invited us... thanks guys:))

First time playing with sidewalk chalk. Jackson was more interested in taking the chalk in and out of the container, but still fun!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I love summer fun. Nick is the same way with sunburns :(
I am loving the pictures of Jackson. He is looking older to me than even the last post you put up. How is that possible?

karlie said...

i agree with emily. jackson does look older! what is happening to our little baby boys??? and i love the three pics of jackson in the bath. Good job girl...=)

Lisa Johnson said...

I totally understand what you mean about getting choked up at anything patriotic! :)

McRoberts Family said...

He is so big! Tell mark good luck on getting his masters!

Lisa said...

I loved the Hunger Games books too! I can't wait for next month to read the 3rd one!