Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Break 2010

Mark had 2 weeks of for Christmas break and we L O V E D it. It was so great to just spend time together without poor Mark being stressed out about all the things he usually has to do. We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Jackson really made Christmas so much fun... even if he didn't quite "get" it yet.

This year Mark wanted to start a tradition of making gingerbread houses... it was a DISASTER, but fun anyway. Mark pretty much took over after the house fell apart once we started decorating it (my fault for not letting it dry first...oops). Mark just went with it... and it turned out looking very colorful and interesting. Next year I'm definitely going to just get normal graham crackers instead of a kit.

Went to temple square to see the lights... it's always better than I remember it being. It's so peaceful and gorgeous. It really puts you in the true Christmas spirit.

I realize my hat and scarf in no possible way match, but I was too cold to care.

Christmas Eve... just relaxing by the tree.

On Christmas Eve we went to (of all places) McDonalds since we knew Jackson would love it. He had the playground to himself until another couple with 2 young boys came in just before we were about to leave. Jackson was a very happy boy.

We came home, gave Jackson a bath and put on what we decided were his Christmas PJ's (from Grandma and Grandpa Bevans), each opened 1 gift and then Jackson went to bed. I made toasted roast beef sandwiches (very elaborate) and we had Martinelli's and watched our traditional Christmas eve movie, "It's a Wonderful Life". The older I get the more I LOVE that movie!!

Jackson on Christmas morning after opening his presents. Every single present Jackson opened (whether it was his or someone else's) he would go, "OOOOOOOOOHH!!!" He was a very happy boy!

Opening presents at Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's. They got him a BYU hat, but as you can see it was a little too small for him. Although that didn't stop him from putting it on anyways!



Both grandparents even remembered their little granddaughter... I thought my mom's tag was funny. It's the 2 names we're deciding between. I seriously go back and forth every day! I don't think we'll decide until the last minute.

We went to a Jazz game! My mom and Robert were going to be gone for the game, so they gave us their tickets. Jackson LOVED it. He sat through the ENTIRE game... we were shocked! There was this boy behind us that kept screaming, "DEFENSE! DEFENSE!" Jackson at first would just turn around and stare at him with a confused look, but by the second half he would just laugh hysterically and then shout, "DEFENSE!" It was hilarious. He then started copying every one's moves in the crowd, including the guy in front of us who would wave his hands in the air every time the music came on. It was a great night and an awesome Christmas break.

No comments: