Friday, April 22, 2011

grateful...

  • for a husband who's such a hands-on dad and truly amazing husband.
  • for a mom who: came over at 11pm to watch Jackson and kept Jackson entertained the entire next day while Mark and I were at the hospital, spent the majority of her spring break helping me with Jackson and Olivia, cooking meals for us, cleaning, and doing laundry. Pretty sure I need my mom now just as much as I did when I was little.
  • for 2 healthy kids who are seriously the best kids in the world (I truly feel this way). Every night Mark and I talk about how amazing our KIDS are (it still feels weird to say kidS).
  • for a son who gives out hugs and kisses to his sister A.L.L. day long, (when he asks to hold Olivia he says, "I hold it?"), gives out "BIG" hugs to his mom and dad, and is always trying so hard to be good.
  • for a daughter who is the sweetest baby and such a good little sleeper and eater.
Here's what Jackson and Olivia have been up to...


Jackson asks to hold "it" all day

Olivia only opens her eyes for a maximum of 5-10 minutes at a time (SO unlike Jackson as a baby who was constantly alert and wanting to know what was going on... not much has changed)

more sleeping...

does this count as her first smile? Can I tell you how much I L.O.V.E that adorable dimple. It makes me smile.

After asking Jackson if daddy was home yet, he ran over to the window with his ball and glove to check... fully ready to play catch as soon as he walked through the door. Right now Jackson is in a baseball hat stage... he asks to put it on as soon as he wakes up. Oh, and loves watching baseball movies ("The Natural" and "Sandlot"... we fastforward to just the baseball parts).

2 comments:

Emily said...

Olivia is so tiny! I love the shot of Jackson at the window. Too cute!

Mike and Alicia said...

Oh goodness, that dimple! SO CUTE!