Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Over Memorial Day Weekend...


Above: Jackson and I started the weekend out on Friday by saying hi to Mark at work and telling him how excited we were to start our 3 day weekend!! YEA!!
Below: We all went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house on Saturday morning. It is absolutely gorgeous and my first time going to an open house (and of course Jackson's as well:))



Above and Below: Jackson and Mark right before the 12 minute video before walking through the temple. Aren't they both the most handsome guys you have ever laid eyes on!! I think so!



2 Pictures Below: The result of Mark losing several times at Yahtzee...he's never done this before (ripping up a game, not losing at Yahtzee ;P)... I should have taken a picture of my shocked face! I told him that because he was such a poor sport that I am now 1,000,000 points ahead in our lifetime scores of Yahtzee (a couple of games before this I thought it would be cool if we kept a running track of our final points in Yahtzee so that when we are really, really old we'll each have.... well, a lot of points. I thought it sounded fun anyway!




2 pics below: Pics with Jackson at Trolley Square (explanation of how we got there below)



Below: Jackson exhausted from a long day of running around and not getting his normal uninterrupted naps (we actually put him down at 6pm that night since he was so cranky!)

Below: TODAY! My mom and Robert gave Jackson an outfit with this little visor... but I just slipped the visor on this morning just for fun... SO adorable:). It kind of makes me think he should be working at Hot Dog on a Stick!:) The cute baseball shirt is from Grandma Bevans.


Okay, you don't really have to read this part (it is long and probably boring unless you were there)... well, I guess you don't HAVE to read ANY parts you don't want to (you know what I mean though). I am recording this crazy day for our own memories of Memorial Day 2009.
Our plan on Memorial Day was to hike the Y with Mike and Alicia (a huge "Y" on a mountain at BYU for those of you not familiar with UT schools), however, poor Alicia wasn't feeling good that morning so we changed our plans. We randomly decided to go to Hogle Zoo instead and we're pretty excited about it... until we got there and saw that there was a HUGE line of cars just to get into the parking lot. No thanks.
So, we then went to "plan c" and decided to go to "This is the Place"... which we passed along the way to the zoo. I still don't know what it really is exactly, except that we found out it was $8 per adult and because we didn't really know what we were paying for we decided it wasn't worth it. SO then we thought, "Hey, let's go to the Gateway mall!" We started heading to the Gateway, only to THEN decide that we didn't really want to go to the Gateway mall afterall, but wanted to go to Chuck-a-rama for lunch instead. However, Mark had a big breakfast of... CHILI (yes, you read it correctly... Mark had CHILI for breakfast-- granted, we didn't have any milk in the house for cereal, but we DID have packets of Oatmeal and bread for toast. So why Chili? Because Mark is a carnivore that is why:)). Anyway, because of his big breakfast he wanted to wait for a couple of hours. This is why we went to Trolley Square and walked around for awhile. We finally head over to Chuckarama and start walking in when we suddenly changed our minds AGAIN and admited that we no longer felt like Chuck-a-rama. After heading towards the gateway mall yet again to get California Pizza Kitchen, we instead end up going to Noodles, getting frozen yogurt, and heading home. Even though our day was full of driving around and changing our minds like crazy people it was actually a very fun Memorial Day. Hope everyone else enjoyed the nice weather and had a fun time doing ONE, PLANNED thing:).

2 comments:

karlie said...

oh i am so loving all the pictures lately! He is so cute! Its just so crazy how fast they grow! What a little sweetie!

Alli said...

Sounds like it was a crazy day - glad you enjoyed it anyway! I hope Alicia is feeling better.