Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Takes Me Back

Yesterday Jackson and I were taking a walk (as we often do since until Mark gets home we have no car) and I was soaking in the sun and the nice weather because here in Utah the weather is supposed to change tonight and become cold for the next week. I could hear the familiar suburban sound of a lawn mower and in the air it smelled of freshly cut grass. Those two things remind me SO much of my childhood during the summer. My brother, Mitchell and I would play outside (bikes, chalk, pretend games, running through sprinklers, etc., etc.) ALL day long sometimes until the street lights came on and my mom said it was time for bed (we would only go inside for the essentials... mainly, food=)). I've just been thinking about how wonderful my childhood was and thinking about how I really want to give that to my kids so one day Jackson can look back on his childhood and have it bring a smile to his face=).


Above: Roaming around the grass at the park (he LOVES it)

Below: Being tickled by Grandma


4 comments:

karlie said...

Look at him! He is turning into a little boy...he's so cute. I love his onesie...

The Valley Family said...

He is darlin! Turning into a little man with a darling smile!

Melissa said...

oh my gosh! SUCH STICKIN CUTE PICTURES!!!!

karlie said...

ok time for a sweet update and pics of you three! =)