Tuesday, April 13, 2010

easter, spring break, & more

Easter was fun this year... Jackson still didn't "get" what was going on, but he did like his basket that the Easter bunny dropped off. In particular he loved the "sport" eggs filled with Jelly beans that he could shake. He did enjoy Jelly beans, but then of course, would spit them out when he was done. Mark had the week off after Easter... we didn't do anything super exciting, but we had fun relaxing, hanging out, and we did go to Hogle Zoo! Jackson really enjoyed looking at all the animals:).


                                           Mark and I dyed eggs together... after Jackson was in bed:)
                                          Mark and Jackson getting ready to roll eggs (or in Jackson's case... eat one...)
2010 at Hogle Zoo (don't mind the grumpy, "Mom, not another picture" look)

The previous year at Hogle zoo (obviously in summer... it was so hot, but I definitely prefer the heat to the cold). Look how happy Jackson looks in this picture compared to the grumpy look he's giving above! So cute!

For some reason we missed the Gorillas last year. Oh well. It was funny because we overheard this boy who was standing in front of the gorillas before us... and he's like "I'm the size of an adult female... pause... AWW MAN!"

Jacks and I looking at... I want to say Gophers, but I know that's not right. Some small animal.

Our attempt at a family picture. You can see that all Jackson wanted to do was get down and explore... not be bothered by boring pictures. I'm sure it will get better as he gets older ;P

In other (unfortunate) news Jackson has learned how to climb onto the furniture:(. Yesterday I walked into the family room and to my surprise and shock, found Jackson just sitting on the couch, like no big deal... I'm just chillin' out up here.

and of course as soon as he learned to climb up on the couch, he was thrilled to learn he could climb up on chairs and tables... much to the dismay of his mother! :\



                                                       The table chairs are now ALWAYS pushed in...

2 comments:

Brooke and Aaron said...

We seem to look forward to each of the milestones and then once they come I wonder why I anticipated them because that just means more work for Mom and Dad! :) Oh well. I bet Jackson thinks he's pretty tricky. You can see the wheels in his head turning as he's getting up on the table, so stressful for Mom but so cute.

karlie said...

I am not looking forward to Z learning how to do this! haha, but love the great pics of you and your cute fam. what is with our kids? they are growing up TOOOOOO fast!