Wednesday, April 21, 2010

last weekend...

We went to the farm/petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point (I hadn't even heard about until a couple weeks ago from a friend of mine). It was a HUGE hit with Jackson. Mark and I are finding out all kinds of activities to do now that we have a kid! Even better... it's pretty cheap, only 3.50 per person (Jackson got in for free). Jackson's finger was permanently pointing at EVERYTHING he saw. The best part was the beautiful weather! I'm such a sun lover (although you can't tell that from my pasty white skin:))

Jackson was surprising a little scared of these baby ducks. I finally got him to put his finger on one, but he promptly pulled his finger off and walked away. Big dogs, no problem. Baby ducks, no way!

Button, button... who's got the button. JACKSON! He loves them!

Jackson loved the fake cow...

and the real ones.

The pony rides were fun for Jackson, but Mark and I couldn't help but feel bad for these small ponies... having to go 'round and 'round all day with annoying kids on their backs. Poor little guys.


I made this picture larger so you could see the tantrum Jackson was throwing right before the horse started walking. It scared me because he was arching his back as the horse was starting to go. Luckily as soon as he realized the "ride" was starting, he stopped crying.


Obviously these were not taken at the petting zoo. I was trying desperately to get a cute picture of Jackson in his white shirt and tie, however after a million pictures I didn't get a good full body shot, but I did get these 2 winners (although they are a little blurry). I especially love the one on the right... although the one on the left makes me laugh:).

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun place to go. I love the picture of Jackson's tantrum. That's how I tend to feel getting on a horse-scared to death. But I usually do enjoy the ride :)

Kim said...

Fun!!! I remember doing one of thos poney rides when I was a little kid- I wish we had something like that around here. What a great place to take the family.
I can't believe how much Jackson has grown since Christmas!

P.S.- Ducks and Geese are evil. I don't blame him for being afraid of those :)

The Valley Family said...

That looks like so much fun! We will have to drive up and go to Thanksgiving point!