When I was a kid and was blessed once in a blue moon with a Happy Meal from McDonalds, it looked like this:
Today when I went to get a Happy Meal in a DESPERATE attempt to get Jackson to eat something other than yogurt and baby food as his main source of nutrition (I have this irrational fear that I will forever be feeding Jackson baby food, yogurt and crackers his entire life) I was handed basically a white paper bag with some decoration on the outside. I gave the woman a perplexed look and almost blurted out, "I have the wrong order, I would like a Happy Meal... you know, in a box with a cool toy and Ronald McDonald cookies...", but I inspected inside the already ripped paper bag and saw what looked like a semi-cool looking car inside, nuggets and fries (yes, I chose fries over the apples... like I said, I was desperate...). I have to say I was SUPER bummed that I didn't get the Happy Meal of my childhood and that Jackson (at the ripe old age of 16 months) was not able to experience this amazing Happy Meal. I also cannot believe I'm old enough now to say... "Well, when I was a kid Happy Meals came in a box... YES! A BOX! Can you believe it?!"
So, does anyone know what happened to the Happy Meal box?
*Just in case you were wondering, Jackson started eating the cut up nuggets, which I was elated with until I noticed he was looking like a chipmunk and was not SWALLOWING the nuggets. He eventually spit it all out. Does anyone have this problem with their child? Any suggestions? He does this with apples and grapes too. Oh, but he did eat and swallow the greasy, salty fries... at least that is some sort of step towards solid food, right?

6 comments:
I think I've got it! McDonald's has, (like the rest of the world it seems) determined that by using a paper bag instead of a thicker box, reducing their paper use by 0.1%, they are saving the planet. There you have it.
We had the same experience when we took Hailey to get a happy meal for the first time a few weeks ago...what a boring bag- no activities of cut-outs or anything like on the box. Well, I guess good things don't always last :(
Now what kind of kid turns down fast food? I think Jackson is a health nut like his parents :) I find that my children get enough to eat,and a decent variety of food eventually...even if they don't touch their dinner or lunch etc. Kids are just funny with their eating habbits. Good luck!
Yeah it's weird what happened to the Happy Meal Box. It comes around and then leaves. They rotate around so just wait a bit and you'll see it again.
My kids are the same with food it's such a pain. My Dr. suggested not giving any snacks between meals so they are hungry enough to try other foods. It's not perfect but it has helped.
Hmmm. We had boxes with our Happy Meals recently. I just think it depends on the promotion - maybe they run out of boxes? All our "How to Train Your Dragon" themed meals were in boxes. :) Does he eat cheerios or other cold cereal as finger food? I wouldn't stress about what he eats (or doesn't eat). They seem to know what they need to be healthy. Mine are all fit as a fiddle, and they have had some strange diets sometimes. The nice thing is they grow out of it!
They have the happy meal box right now at the one on 114. Can you tell I take my kids there too much? Only once a week though.
Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear that the Mcdonalds Happy Meal box is still around:)!
Post a Comment