Thirty minutes after putting Jackson down for a nap, I hear his door open and then see his little smiling face pop around the corner with a big, "HELLLLLLLLLO?!" I was a little shocked since I had put him in his CRIB. Obviously my worry of him figuring out how to climb out of his crib has come true (I knew this day was coming soon since every time I would get him out of his crib, he would try to climb out on his own). Jackson, however burst into a big laugh and starting running and jumping all over the room... completely proud and happy with himself.
We'll see how it goes, but I'm thinkin' a crib tent may be in our near future. I am definitely in no possible way ready for a toddler bed yet.
10 comments:
oh no! I am just waiting for this moment too! We are going to do the tent thing too! Also, have you started potty training?
I know, I was secretly hoping that he would never figure it out! I'll cross my fingers for you that Zanin doesn't figure it out any time soon!
No, I haven't started potty training yet. Jackson's definitely not ready yet... I'm thinking I won't start for at least another 6 months.
You'll survive Shauna, I promise. :) I have to tell you that none of my kids ever used a crib. They went straight from cradle to toddler bed. It wasn't so bad. Yes, you do have to keep carrying them back to bed for the first little while, but then they figure out that they have to stay in their room. I just put a pile of books or small toys on their beds (still do for Ben now) and tell them they have to have quiet time (sounds better than nap) on their bed. They will almost always fall asleep. (Although sometimes it will be on the floor because they got off their bed to play. I never cared about that as long as they stay in their room)
ditto with the cradle to toddler bed thing. Let me fill you in on a wonderful little trick that will keep him in his room for nap and bedtime reguardless...it's called child proof door knob covers on the knob on the inside of their room. Yes this is locking your child in their room, but it worked wonders for me with my kiddos :)
Travis knows he can't get out, and he stays in bed, or falls alseep on the floor from time to time. I never have to keep putting him back in his room, becaue he cant get out! Genious I say, lol. And the best part is, when you are ready, you can take the child proof knob off, and they still think they are trapped and usually won't try to escape.
have you tried the crib tent? Hows it going?
Not yet... he hasn't tried to climb out again, so we're kind of hoping that we won't have to and that he'll stay in his crib long enough until we're ready for a toddler bed! I'm kind of shocked he hasn't tried again, but am definitely not complaining!
Lisa and Kim thank you! I think after reading it, I'm a little more comfortable just going to a toddler bed from the crib instead of dealing with a crib tent. Not to mention for about 15 more dollars I can get a toddler bed... and I don't want to spend $ on both since I wouldn't be using a crib tent for that long
how are you doing? Hows your pregnancy going? When are you due again? lets see some pics! =)
Im retarded, just saw your ticker, you are not far away from this little one coming! Exciting!
Oh man. Good luck with that one! I know what I would do, but I know you need to make your own decision. Happy Belated Birthday! I thought about you yesterday. Hope you're doing well!!!
Post a Comment