Monday, January 17, 2011

Driving us C R A Z Y

Suddenly Jackson is really starting to LOVE using, "I DO IT!" to any and all tasks. Even just a month ago he would only seldom use it and didn't even use it with great passion or freak out too much if he didn't get to do (whatever it is he wanted to do) himself. Flash forward to this week and it is an entirely different story. He says it to EVERYTHING and the worst part is, he means business. If you don't let him do it he'll do one or all of the following...

1. Throw a complete, on the ground, screaming and kicking, scene from the movies tantrum.
2. Scream, "No, No, NO, NO!" One simple "No" is never enough to get his point across and it has to be said in a panicky, urgent, tragedy is about to strike at any moment type of tone.
3. Put item you helped him with (i.e. taking the sippy cup off the counter that HE wanted to get himself, helping him get the ball out from underneath the table) back to where it was... EXACTLY... so he can get it HIMSELF.

He has definitely become more stubborn (no idea where he got that from...) and "independent" in the last month or so... since he's turned 2. Could it really happen that quickly? Here we go... terrible 2's start... NOW;P

Hence... the driving us crazy part.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I have always thought one of the hardest parts of being a good parent is letting your kids do things themselves when it's so much faster/easier/cleaner to do them yourselves. Good luck adjusting to Jackson's new independence!

Krissy said...

Eddie hasn't really gone through that yet and I am really not looking forward to it. But on the bright side, if he learns to do things by himself now, maybe it will make your life a little easier when you have your baby. :) I try to convince Eddie to do things himself and he says "Momma do it."

Mark and Shauna said...

Krissy, that's true!!
I think it's rewarding to watch him learn and become independent until I'm in a hurry or it's at the end of the day and my patience is at 0... I think the tantrums are the worst part of the entire thing!

karlie said...

Zanin has been that way too! So I hear you on all this! It's a crazy stage, fun(minus the tantrums)to see their personalities come out...how are you feeling?