- first, it was just more whining and tantrums
- then he suddenly started hitting US when he got frustrated
- then one day while I was out filling a prescription and Mark was playing "baseball" with Jackson in the family room while Olivia was in her bouncy chair, Jackson apparently realized the source of his true frustration when she started crying and Mark had to stop the baseball game to try and reinsert a pacifier (not an easy task with Olivia). He (holding a small, blue plastic bat) bopped her on the head with said bat. She was not happy... neither was Mark.
- Since then we've had no more bat incidents (since he's not allowed within 100 feet of her while holding a bat), but we have had hitting and head butting (yes, head butting... have no idea where the heck he got that idea from).
- He can also be VERY sneaky about it... he'll go up to Olivia and say "awww, baby sister! It's okay YAYA (how he pronounces her name)" and pat her leg and say, "soft, soft" then BAM he hits her out of NOWHERE. I constantly have to remind myself that he's only 2 and just doesn't deal with his frustrated emotions well... however, some days I am more patient than others.
- Look forward to the day when we can all sit around and laugh about this and Jackson can say to Olivia, "Sorry for trying to kill you a million times" and Olivia can say, "Mom and Dad thanks for saving my life a million times"... until then we're just hoping we (Mark and I) can keep our sanity...
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
jealous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have heard this same scenario several times most of my friends/family bringing home baby #2. Good luck getting through this phase!
Hmmmm, I hope you don't hold out for that apology for too long...there are a few siblings I still don't feel any remorse for trying to get rid of, LOL! But I do love them all :) It is just never the same once that next kid comes along and you suddenly have to share the time and attention.
Post a Comment