SO, I have a new goal. I saw it on a blog I read... where you plan out at least one activity a day to do with your kid(s). In my case, since Olivia is obviously too young and Jackson and I now have to plan out our one on one time... I thought it was a great idea to ensure that we get some quality time together each day (not the usual multi tasking time where I do an activity
while doing... laundry, dishes, sweeping floor, nursing Olivia, attempting to at least get half way ready for the day before 2pm, etc...). The internet is a fabulous place to find ideas for toddlers... I have found ideas on blogs I read (mostly Marta Writes), toddler activity books from the library, random searches on the internet, and even from a Caillou book we got from the library). Anyway, this is some of the activities we've been up to lately (and if you have any ideas you love, PLEASE share:)).
 |
| Noodle Art... (the activity I saw in the book where Caillou's at preschool) |
 |
| bowling |
 |
| Will it sink or float? |
 |
| Do you see... |
These pictures are what Jackson's doing most of the time... he is obsessed with baseball right now. Let's just say that a bat in the hands of a toddler is scary around a newborn baby.
Jackson is doing really well with Olivia. He's had moments of frustration/jealousy, but 99% of the time he is constantly kissing and wanting to hold her.
3 comments:
You are an awesome mom. It will be great to make those times part of your routine, so it becomes a habit and you don't even have to think about spending that quality time. You have already done so many fun things. I wanna go sippy-cup bowling. I could definitely get a strike with a ball like that. My kind of sport :)
wow, you are super mom! I almost never get anything done with my kiddos. I have been a terrible mother since child number 2! You have inspired me. Hooray for preschool anyway :)
I love the noodle art idea! We will have to try that. We have been making a ball book together since Jonah LOVES balls. We do about a page a day and make everything out of construction paper. It's not a book that will last but it's fun to sit down and draw, color, cut, and glue together. Jonah also is obsessed with water so any activity that involves spray bottles, the hose, water balloons, etc. is a hit. And that helps us survive our Sacramento summer!
Post a Comment