Jackson pulled this little gem out of our bookshelf the other day... an old book of mine when I was a kid and I'm pretty sure of my mom's as well judging by the copyright date (1962) and the wear and tear of the book. Looks innocent enough, right?
Take a closer look...
(love how he's lighting up his pipe in this picture)
my personal favorite... here's your pipe dad!
Anyway, you get the idea! The guy is smoking his pipe in almost every picture... like he couldn't do a manly chore without his manly pipe! Definitely shows the time it was written in... I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find this in any kid book today! Why was it that the pipe symbolized "good ol' dad" back then?
1 comment:
That is crazy. Smoking was definitely an excepted part of society back then. Can you imagine what their houses must have smelled like with all that pipe tobacco? Yuck!
Post a Comment