Sunday, December 26, 2010

It's Good To Be TWO

On December 19th Jackson turned 2! How did he go from this...


to this very busy toddler SO QUICKLY?!




It is INSANE how FAST it went! Jackson is such a good little boy and is an absolute sweetheart with a heart of gold. For his birthday we had a little party over at my mom and Robert's where he got completely spoiled (not to mention he was also spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa Bevans! He is one lucky boy!). As you can see, Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's main gift was a tricycle... I think it'll take some practice this summer to get the peddles down (Every time we try to put his feet on the peddles, he says "no, no." I think it's a weird feeling for him to have his legs stretched out), but that doesn't stop him from riding it. He LOVES it and was grinning from ear to ear when they brought it up (all assembled thanks to Grandpa (Mark was particularly excited about that one).
The cake was kind of a disaster (or at least the decoration part). I had bought black icing to draw a basketball, but when I was ready to start drawing the lines it was nowhere to be found. After DIGGING through the trash (yes, I actually did, thinking it was mistakingly left in a grocery bag) I found the receipt and the icing was not listed... which meant it's in a Harmon's cart somewhere... probably frozen. So, I just dyed some icing blue (it was all I had) and went with it. Oh well. I do have to say the cake itself was the best cake I ever made... thanks to a Good Things Utah recipe:). As long as it tastes good that's all that matters, right?
Jackson had a blast "riding" around on his trike and eating cake (he didn't care about blowing out the candles, just eating the cake... which he asked for every 5 minutes). :) It was a really great day! Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet boy!! We love you!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Allison Murray said...

yay happy birthday to jackson back on the 19th!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!